Montag, 6. Februar 2012

Getting there....

....and how can one put up with such a temperature change??

 Wow, we are here and it is somehow as if it had not been 15 years ago that I was here for the last time... on the other hand so much has changed....
But let's start at the beginning.... Jens drove us to the Airport on Sunday morning and I was really fighting the tears... what the hell was I going to do? Taking our little son away from him for three weeks being completely respnsible for my actions.... but no way back! SNISNASNOW !!!

The 4 3/4 hours stay in IST unfortunately took even 6 hours afterall as the plane had a delay but Thank Jobs time went by pretty quick and just imagine Kjell's excitement when he found out about his own Inflight Entertainment in  the backseat. His plan actually was to spend the whole flight playing pinball and watching Charlie Brown movies. After dinner where he actually even loved the Turkish-spiced chicken I forced him to sleep and by doing so killed my chance of taking a quick nap. He was laying all over me and my body got more sore with every minute. I was exhausted...
 Catching up with the security topics....

but the Arrival was overwhelming. Hardly any people queuing at Immigration, the backpacks were unloaded within a few minutes, the taxi line was non-existant and in less than one hour we arrived at our hotel near Khao San, Lamphu House. The staff was extremely friendly and we could even checkIn way before booking time. I just start to realize that travelling with a kid seems to have lots of advantages... :-) 
My main goal was to get the train tickets for NongKhai and after getting lost on the wrong bus, Kjell decided that we were going to take a Tuk-Tuk! He was laughing his butt off during the whole trip and after being back ar Khao San stated that he would never ever do that again..... ;-) Completely  different to our Yeti back home but he better gets used to it! ;-))))
 
Enjoying TukTuk ride...

Bad news at Hualamphong Train Station though. The train for going up North seemed to be completely booked, therefore I had to extend our stay in BKK for one more night (will need to change rooms) and hope that my next stay in Laos/Vientiane won't charge me the first night..... to be continued....
 First fresh coconut....

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen