Samstag, 25. Februar 2012

Final days in Chiang Mai ... Jungle trips, mystic temples and baby tigers...

23rd of Feb and after that great Elephant day yesterday, we decided to go out into the Jungle to visit some Waterfalls and temples together with David and the Dogs! We hired a taxi for a couple of hours and it was cool to go with someone who really knows the surroundings pretty well! The Dogs and Kjell went on an adventure trip through the Jungle and from time to time Mutley obviously smelled snakes and other wild animals... unfortunately we did not get to see any. We took a swim under a waterfall and my kid was happy to swim with the Dogs. Afterwards, we went to see some hidden Wat, beautifully arranged in an old Garden along a small river. David took Kjell for a prayer and I loved to watch him enjoying it. When he came out of the temple he just had this peaceful smile again...



24th of Feb was my favorite day so far! As I am neither a bad nor a good cook but just not a cook at all, I decided that in Asia I was going to attend a cooking class! As Kjell wanted to join as well we signed up for a class recommended by Nuy. Picked up in the morning, we directly drove with a small group of people to the Market where we bought fresh ingredients for our dishes. We were welcomed by Nancy, the owner of Siam Rice Cooking School and started straight away.... It was soooo much fun and Kjell and I just had a great time, him cutting everything in small pieces, listening carefully to the instructions and me cooking, boiling and tasting the rest! I could hardly believe that what I was eating and what just tasted delicious was actually made by me! Kjell even ate the Coconut/Chicken Soup as well as the Spring Rolls. And I mean ATE not just tasted! Really that was a true highlight!! After 4 dishes we were stuffed like a Turkey!! ;-) At night we went to see the famous Wat Phra Sing, a very beautiful Temple in Chiang Mai. Not to talk about our almost daily rite of praying...

 



25th of Feb and today I was in a moral conflict... We went to see Tiger Kingdom and if it had not been for Kjell I would not have gone there... It really is a very nice, clean, safe and well organised place where one gets the chance to actually touch and play with tigers in all sizes. Yes, you will probably only do this once in a lifetime and touching baby tigers and playing with them really was fantastic but I still don't feel convinced that this was a good idea. Kjell was completely excited... The question is: What weighs more? Having less tigers running around freely or more tigers according to breeding programs in Zoos, Conservation Farms,... but having the feeling that they are not " real" anymore? I like the idea and support breeding quotes but to what extend and price? I think Tiger Kingdom is a good idea but the concept should be more focussed on the tigers than the tourists and that would probably attract even more tourists... Nevertheless, it was exceptional and Kjell enjoyed it!
At night we went to the beautiful Saturday night market and bought some cute souvenirs, drank Sugarcane And Herbal Juices and enjoyed our last night in the North of Thailand! Tomorrow we will get up early and leave for the Airport flying to Bangkok where we will meet up with Jens! I have had a great time with Kjell, even much better and with less annyoing, stressing moments than I thought! Kjell is a perfect travel mate and already suggested we should do this again! But even though we met people during our trip, I am looking forward to my husband very very much! As well as Kjell who spoke about Daddy a lot in the past days!

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen